Without giving the impression that this site is obsessed with Sydney Morning Herald restaurant critic Terry Durack, one suspects the man was so annoyed at having been forced by his editors to leave his usual Potts Point-Crown Street comfort zone to travel to the far reaches of the upper-Lower North Shore that he gave The Italian a 12/20 simply out of pique. With a trendier post code and an extra $10 tacked on to every menu item, with its Italian wines, wood-fired pizzas, caponata and all-but-mandatory salumi misti, The Italian would have been a dead-set 13.
- @katyhallway Now now, I'm sure Augustine's Confessions seemed jejune to the commentators of the day as well. 12 minutes ago
- @Jolene_Laverty That sounds genuinely lovely. Thanks. 1 hour ago
- I would love to be able to go back and revisit this stuff seriously now that I've got half a lifetime under my belt. twitter.com/Jolene_Laverty… 1 hour ago
- Imagine wishing for your very own Gore Vidal? twitter.com/ellehardy/stat… 1 hour ago
- However, "The Language and Cervix" would be a great name for a British pub. Perhaps. Anyway, well said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Talk to the Prick!pwafork [at] gmail.com