Forget what the song says (and for my money, Nina Simone always sang the best version): Do go to the Rising Sun. Just make sure it’s the beachside café in Palm Cove, not the brothel in New Orleans. We’re still catching up with the backlog of posts from our trip north, but the Rising Sun – part of Nick Holloway’s mini-Nunu empire along Williams Parade – deserves a special mention. The weather wasn’t entirely crash hot or balmy our week away, and so Mrs Prick and I spent a fair bit of time camped out here, largely on the lovely little wicker sofa up the front (no picture, we were sitting on it). Anyway, those of you – and you know who you are – contemplating Palm Cove could do worse than to spend some time at the Rising Sun. Great burgers, fish and chips, and the like, plus more exotic offerings (goat stew with polenta dumplings; soft shell crab with a Vietnamese-style salad). Normally shooting so widely at so many different cuisines, from pub grub to Italian comfort food to mod-Asian, is a recipe for disaster, but here it works. Also, they make a helluva classic margarita, with the good stuff too. Check it out. Repeatedly. Our only complaint: would it kill them to offer breakfast as well?
- @James_Jeffrey Does your own sovereignty count as a separate nationality? 34 minutes ago
- What I love about Boris Johnson: He's a popular politician with a proper vocabulary - and he's not afraid to use it. 4 hours ago
- About to rock on to the #headsup set @SkyNewsAust with @chriskkenny - see you there! 13 hours ago
- @moconnor68 @darenbergwine I can't wait to check it out! 16 hours ago
- There is no woke answer to which way to hang the toilet paper, apparently. theconversation.com/finally-facing… 16 hours ago
Talk to the Prick!pwafork [at] gmail.com