Credit to Durack for, for a moment at least, resisting the hype machine around mejico, but what the hell does a “.5” mean? The out-of-twenty scoring system means little to nothing already and the addition of these half-steps only confuses the matter. Already here’s not really much room between “reasonable” (12) and “good if not great” (13), so why toss out a 12.5 unless as a sop to the restaurateur: I really hated this joint, it seems to say, but I can’t bring myself to cane it completely with a 12. Either way the Pricks won’t be turning up anytime soon.
- @katyhallway Now now, I'm sure Augustine's Confessions seemed jejune to the commentators of the day as well. 21 minutes ago
- @Jolene_Laverty That sounds genuinely lovely. Thanks. 1 hour ago
- I would love to be able to go back and revisit this stuff seriously now that I've got half a lifetime under my belt. twitter.com/Jolene_Laverty… 1 hour ago
- Imagine wishing for your very own Gore Vidal? twitter.com/ellehardy/stat… 2 hours ago
- However, "The Language and Cervix" would be a great name for a British pub. Perhaps. Anyway, well said… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Talk to the Prick!pwafork [at] gmail.com